Ambroxol 30 mg + Salbutamol 2mg/5ml
Ambroxol + Salbutamol Syrup is commonly prescribed for the treatment of cough. The medicine comprises of Ambroxol and Salbutamol known to provide relief from the symptoms of cough. It is also used in the treatment of respiratory disorders like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). COPD is a group of lung diseases including emphysema (shortness of breath) and chronic bronchitis (inflammation of the lining of your bronchial tubes). If you are diabetic, monitor your blood glucose regularly while taking this medicine. Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
Do not self-medicate the medicine take it per the dosage and duration prescribed by the doctor. Do not skip the doses and complete the full course of the medicine to see the maximum result. Some people may experience a few side effects such as nausea, vomiting, restlessness, tremor, headache, muscle cramp, dizziness, sleepiness and increased heart rate. Inform your doctor if your side effects persevre or you are allergic to Ambroxol and Salbutamol.
Ambroxol + Salbutamol Syrup is composed of two medicines including: Salbutamol that widens narrowed airways and Ambroxol which dilutes viscous cough. Salbutamol belongs to the class of drugs known as bronchodilators that works by widening and relaxing the airways (bronchi) of the lungs. On the other hand, Ambroxol is an expectorant that promotes the secretion of sputum/cough. It is also a mucolytic agent that makes sputum less viscous to make breathing easier in asthma, and COPD patients who have laboured breathing. The medical benefits of Ambroxol+Salbutamol Syrup are briefed below:
There are mild to moderate side effects of Ambroxol + Salbutamol Syrup that do not last for a long time. The side effects may vary in all the users as they depend on the physiological condition and response to the therapy. If your side effects worsen with time, immediately consult your doctor. The range of side effects noticed on using the Ambroxol + Salbutamol Syrup are mentioned below:
Ambroxol + Salbutamol Syrup may interact with certain drugs and cause adverse health effects. The drugs also have a tendency to interact with certain food items and health conditions. Therefore, do not take Ambroxol + Salbutamol Syrup with the follwoing mentioned drugs:
1. Avoid consuming alcohol with Ambroxol + Salbutamol Syrup as it may cause increased sleepiness.
2. Do not take Ambroxol + Salbutamol Syrup without your doctor’s consultation if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
3. Monitor your blood glucose regularly if you are diabetic while taking this medicine.
4. Store the medicine in a cool anddry place away from direct sunlight.
5. Keep the Ambroxol + Salbutamol Syrup out of reach of children and properly dispose of the expired and discarded medicine.
6. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you as Ambroxol + Salbutamol Syrup may cause dizziness or drowsiness.